Sunday, August 14, 2011

My Shopping List: Week of August 14

Now that the summer is coming to a close I decided to start our newspaper subscription again and get back to some serious couponing. I need to take a break every once in awhile, but I'm excited to get back to it. I thought I would post my shopping list for the week so that it keeps me accountable for how much I spend!

CVS
Spend $5 in Gatorade, get $5 ECB
Finesse $2.50 (use $1/1 from 5/8 SS and submit for $2 rebate here)
= Spend $6.50 out of pocket, get back $5 ECB and submit for $2 rebate

Walgreens
Pert Plus $3.99 (use $1.50/1 from Safeway MDA coupon book), get $3 RR
Revlon Nail Enamel $3.99 (use $1/1 from 8/14 SS), get $3 RR
Expo Markers 6 pk. $3.99 (use $3/1 from Walgreens Aug. Coupon Book, stack with $2/2 Facebook printable)
 = Spend $5.48 out of pocket, get back $6 RR

Safeway
Pick up new MDA coupon booklet
2 Anthony's Pasta $0.79 ea with in-ad coupon (use 2 $0.55/1 printable, will match up to $0.79)
Buy 4 Save $4 Promo (must buy in groups of 4 to get the prices listed):
2 Chex $1.49 ea (use 2 $0.75/1 printable, will match up to $1)
2 Cinnamon Toast Crunch $1.49 ea (use 2 $0.50/1 printable, will match up to $1)
2 Betty Crocker Fruit Snacks $0.99 ea (use 1 $0.50/2 printable, will match up to $1)
2 Cocoa Puffs $1.49 ea (use 2 $0.75/1 printable, will match up to $1)
 = Spend $3.92

Fry's
4 Half Gallon Milk $0.79 ea
Dishwasher Soap ~ $3?
Tortilla Chips $1
 = Spend about $7.16

That means I'll be spending about $23.06 on groceries this week, not including produce I'll probably buy at Food City.  I like to know exactly how much I am planning to spend so that I can get cash out of the ATM.  Once the cash is gone, I'm done shopping!  There's no temptation to buy anything on impulse.  It works well for me:)

And yes, this is all I am buying this week.  And no, we don't just eat cereal and tortilla chips for dinner every night.  I make most of my meals from food we already have, food that I bought weeks or months ago when it was on sale.  Now I just buy perishable staples like milk and produce each week, plus whatever I can get for free or cheap!

No comments:

Post a Comment