Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Freestone Peaches Are Coming to Town

I just signed up today to receive 48 pounds of yummy peaches!  I am planning to can most of them and probably make some jam and fruit leather out of the remainder.  They are freestone peaches (meaning the pit falls out of the flesh of the peach easily) and they are $0.79/lb.  Last year I tried to can peaches that were not freestone because they were cheaper and it was a disaster.  It's definitely worth spending a bit more to get the right kind!  Canning peaches yourself will be cheaper than buying canned peaches at the store, so I suggest you hurry up and order your own box!  The company is Zaycon Foods, the same company from which I bought 40 pounds of chicken earlier this year.  Go here to order.

No comments:

Post a Comment